Click a ">>" on the Resource panel at the top of the screen to boost your Resource Production using Drachmas. Click the Drachmas icon in the top right corner of the screen to purchase additional Drachmas. Use Drachmas to boost Unit production queues, construction times, or to purchase items at the Market.
In the top left corner you'll find the "Rankings" icon and the "Messages" icon.
The top panel also displays your City's coordinates, current Level, current City Defense Bonus, and Units, which you possess.
From the "Settings" window you can:
- enable/disable inertial scrolling;
- enable/disable animation;
- enable/disable voiceovers, sound effects, and music.
Open the Guide to find detailed info on rules and gameplay.
The menu icons at the right side of the screen (in order from top to bottom) access the Market, Construction, Agreements, War Council, Map, and Editing.
Mail server and Chat Feature
You can send messages to other players via the Mail Server.
To send messages to your Friends and Allies, click "Messages" on the top menu.
In the "Messages" window you'll find messages received from Leonidas, Friends, Enemies, and your Coalition partners. There you will also find messages you have sent to other Archons.
To write a new message, click "Choose Friend".
To write a message to a friend, choose your Friend from the list and type the text in the special window. Next, click "Send".
To be able to exchange messages with other players, go to the Map, place your cursor over the player's City and click the "Send Message" icon.
Once you've done that, enter your message text and send it.
Open the "Blacklist" tab to view the Archons you've blocked.
To stop receiving letters from other Archons, add them to your "Blacklist." Messages from users on your "Blacklist" will be automatically deleted. Open the "Messages" window and click the "Block user" button to blacklist a player.
You can send messages to other online players in real-time using the game's Chat function. To use Chat, click on the "Chat" button on the right side of your Friends Panel. You can interact with other Archons from the Chat interface by clicking on another Archons' name and choosing a desired action (Open Profile, Send Message, Blacklist, and Add to Contacts) from the pop-up menu. To send a chat message simply enter text and click the "Send" button.
To view your Ranking against the other players, click "Rankings" from the user menu.
Glory Ranking displays your position against all the users that play "Sparta: War of Empires".
The Friends Ranking shows your position among all your Friends that play " Sparta: War of Empires".
Rankings are divided into three categories: Winners, Current, and Champions - in order of significance.
- Champions Ranking displays the names of all players to ever place in the top Weekly Rankings.
- Winners displays names of players who took top positions at the end of last week's calculation.
- Current Ranking shows the current players relative positions prior to end of week calculations.
There are six different Ranking metrics:
1. Offense - ranks the players who defeated the largest number of enemy Units while attacking other Cities.
2. Defense – ranks players who have defeated the largest number of enemy Units while defending their own City.
3. Siege – ranks players who beseiged the most Cities.
4. Tribute - ranks players who have seized the most Resources while besieging other Cities.
5. Raid - ranks players who seized the largest amount of Resources when raiding other Cities.
6. Persian Positions - ranks players who have destroyed the most Persian forces while attacking or defending Persian Positions
To see where you stand in the Rankings click the "My Ranking" button. Click "Top 10" to see the leaders in each category.
Experience and Levels
You receive Experience Points for defeating enemy Units, signing Agreements, constructing and upgrading buildings, attacking or defending Positions, and completing tutorial tasks and missions.
You will automatically level up and receive a free Drachmas bonus each time you collect the required number of Experience Points.
Your Level shows your progress in the game. Some game features will also only unlock at certain Levels (for example, you can join a Coalition when you reach Level 5).
To go to the Map, click the "Map" icon on the right side of the main interface. To return to city, click "Home" from the Map, or click on your City. You can scroll across the Map by:
1. Clicking and dragging the Map with your mouse (Inertial Scrolling).
2. Using your keyboard arrows.
3. Entering coordinates in the bottom right corner of the Map and clicking the "return key" icon.
All Cities have corresponding x coordinates (numbers at the bottom of the screen) and y coordinates (numbers on the left side of the screen). Place your mouse over any player's City and you will see the coordinates below its name.
Click the "Achievements" button on the top menu bar of the screen to view your Achievements. Build and upgrade Buildings, collect Offerings, sign Agreements, and complete other game actions to unlock new Achievements and win free Drachmas. Place your cursor over the question mark to read each Achievement's completion requirements.
Tracking Units and Caravans
Place your cursor over another player's Castle to find out the distance between your Castles. The further the distance, the more time it takes your Caravans and Units to travel between Castles.
You can view each Unit's speed at the building where the Unit is produced. Every Unit moves at a different speed.
When tracking a unit, its average speed is displayed. When sending a Force made up of different units, the entire force moves at the rate of of the slowest Unit. (So if you're in a hurry, leave the slow ones behind.)
Caravan speed depends on your Traders' Inn upgrade Level.
The maximum travel time for all Units is 24 hours. The minimum time is 1 minute. The travel time of Units and Caravans moving between friendly Castles is 24 times less than their banner travel time.
Modifying Your Castle and Fortifications
To modify your Castle:
1. From within your Castle, click the "Edit" button in the right-hand panel to enter Editing Mode.
2. Click the object you wish to move.
3. Select "Move" or "Rotate" to re-position them anywhere within your Castle. Some objects can only move along the outside perimeter, such as Fortifications, and cannot be placed inside the Castle, while others can be installed both inside and along the perimeter of your Castle.
4. After you've finished modifying your Castle, click "Save".
While modifying your Castle's perimeter Fortifications and Improvements, remember that there are 2 levels - lower (Walls, Towers and Gates) and upper (Catapults, Ballistae, Sentries, etc.). Remember that Catapults, Ballistae, and Sentries can only be placed on top of Towers and Gates.
You can control the game Settings from the upper right corner of the screen. The Full Screen button enables full screen mode. It's highly recommended that you play the game in full screen mode for the best gameplay experience. Selecting the opposing arrows (the Inertial Scrolling Button) enables/disables inertial scrolling on the Map. The Music button enables/disables music in the game, and the Sound button enables/disables event and game sounds.
You can access detailed information on other Lords in Stormfall by accessing their Profile. You can also open a Lord's Profile by:
1. Click on the player's profile photo and selecting the "Open Profile" option in the drop-down menu.
2. Click on the "Chat" button, then click on the Lord's name and select the "Open Profile" option.
3. Go to the Lord's Castle, and click "Open Profile" next to its Lord's name.
A Lord's Profile provides info on:
- general information about the player - designation, Castle name and coordinates, user name, and current Level;
- Feats of Valor - general info about his accomplishments on the battlefield;
- any League the Lord is currently a member of - by clicking on the League's icon you will be able to view it's description and terms;
- player's Offense, Defense, Raid and Siege points.
Feats of Valor
Click the "Feats of Valor" button in the top left-hand corner of the screen to view your Medallions. Construct and upgrade Buildings, collect Tribute items and Resources, or discover Lost Arts to gain more Medallions and Sapphires. Use the Hints next to each type of Medallion to find out how you can earn one. Place your cursor over the question mark to read them. Open "Profile" from your Friends List to view their Medallions.