About Your General
Your General is your greatest and most important Unit, primarily because it provides bonuses to all of your other Units. You can have only one General at any one time, but you can change Generals or change the name of your General whenever you like.
CHANGING GENERALS AND GENERAL NAMES
To choose your General, click on the General icon in the top left corner of your screen, then press the "Select General" button. You can then make your choice – just remember to click Apply. Remember: you will need the General Selector Item to change your General, but this Item can be acquired from the "Select your General" window.
To change your General's Name, open the same General window and press the button with the stylus image on it, which is located next to your General's current name. Enter the name that you would like to be displayed in the game, then press "Apply".
This window contains all your Equipment Items, Equipment Coffers, and special Keys. Here you can see all the bonuses that your Items provide for your Units. Equip your General by dragging an Item into one of the Slots surrounding your General, or click on the Item and press "Equip." You can also change your General and their name from this screen.
Equipment - Overview
Equipment Items are special Items that can be found throughout Hellas and are recovered from Persian Positions. When your General is equipped with an Item, it will affect a range of different attributes attaining to your Units, granting either a Defensive or an Offensive bonus. Offensive Items in the game include Weapons, Vambraces, Boots, and certain Talismans; while Helmets, Shields, Armor and other Talismans have Defensive qualities.
The strength of your Equipment's attributes is proportional to its Rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Legendary). The harder it is to find, the stronger the Item's effect will be. Moreover, Equipment Items can have an effect on one or several types of Units (Light Infantry, Heavy Infantry, Phalanx, and Cavalry). To see an Item of Equipment's statistics, simply click on the Item.
Inventory and Temporary Inventory
You have two Inventories - Permanent and Temporary. When you first begin to use your General, you have 18 slots in your Permanent Inventory, and all the Items gained in battle will automatically go there. Once the Permanent Inventory is full, Items will be sent to the Temporary Inventory, at which point a timer will begin counting down to the moment when the Equipment Item is permanently deleted. If the Temporary Inventory is also full, obtaining a new Item will automatically delete the oldest Item from your Temporary Inventory in order to make room for it. If you feel that you need more space for Equipment, you can purchase additional rows of Slots by clicking on them.
Certain Equipment Items may come in special Coffers.
To equip your General, simply drag the Item into one of the Slots surrounding the General, or alternately click "Equip" on the Item in question. Each Slot surrounding your General corresponds directly to the Item type that slot can take.
COFFERS and KEYS
There are 4 types of Coffers:
1. Class I Coffers contain Equipment that will grant bonuses (either Offensive or Defensive) to Light Infantry Units.
2. Class II Coffers contain Equipment that will grant bonuses (either Offensive or Defensive) to both Light Infantry and Heavy Infantry Units.
3. Class III Coffers contain Equipment that will grant bonuses (either Offensive or Defensive) to Phalanx, Heavy Infantry and Light Infantry Units.
4. Class IV Coffers contain Equipment that will grant bonuses (either Offensive or Defensive) to Cavalry, Phalanx, Heavy Infantry and Light Infantry Units.
Each Coffer contains one Equipment Item.
Opening Coffers requires special Keys, which can be found at Persian Positions or acquired from the Market. To choose a Key that will open a given Coffer, click on the Chest and look for the Item's Rarity and the Chest name – combining them will tell you which Key is needed. e.g. If the Coffer is a Class II Coffer and the Rarity is Uncommon, then you will need an Uncommon Class II Key to open it.
Breaking and Upgrading Equipment
Equipment Items can be upgraded to improve the bonuses they provide for your Units
BREAKING ITEMS INTO PIECES
To upgrade an Item, you will need Pieces. You can obtain Pieces by breaking Equipment Items. You are able to choose which Item you would like to break – typically, this will be one that is of little strategic value to you, or one of a lower Level than another Item you already possess. The higher the level of the Item, the more Pieces you will get for breaking it.
To break an Item, simply click on its and then select "Break". The number of Pieces you have is displayed above the Inventory.
When you have enough Pieces to upgrade an Equipment Item, click on the selected Item and press "Upgrade". Then, wait until the upgrade process is complete. Be advised that breaking Equipment into Pieces takes time.
1. Once you click "Break", your Item will then be broken into valuable Pieces. You cannot reverse this action and thus cannot mend your Item once the breaking process has been initiated.
2. Likewise, once you have clicked "Upgrade", your Item will start its transformation. This action cannot be reversed, and the Pieces devoted to the upgrade cannot be reapplied to different Items.
3. You can only upgrade or break one Item at once. As this process takes some time, carefully consider which Item you wish to break or upgrade.
4. You can upgrade or break Equipment in your Permanent Inventory ONLY. If the Item is in the Temporary Inventory or your Hero is currently wearing it, you will need to place it in the Permanent Inventory before breaking or upgrading it.